The Squannacook River Runners Club
Of Groton, MA.
Article 1 Name
The name of this organization shall be the “Squannacook River Runners Club of Groton Ma.”, hereafter referred to as “the Club”, “Squannies”, or SQRR
Article 2 Objectives
The Squannacook River Runners Club shall be organized as a non-profit corporation in MA with the following objectives:
- To promote cross country, road and track running for all ages in Groton and surrounding area.
- To provide activities which further the running ability of the members of the Club.
- To organize the annual Groton Road Race and, as a result, provide financial assistance to support running in the area.
- To encourage youth running in Groton and surrounding areas.
Article 3 Membership
Anyone with ties to the Groton area having paid their annual dues is eligible for membership in the club.
Article 4 Dues
Annual membership dues are required for individual or family membership. Family membership includes 2 adults and all children in a household under age 21. Dues are payable by the 31st of January of each year.
Article 5 Officers and description of duties
Elections are to be held every 2 Years or as voted by the Board of Directors.
- Shall preside over all Board Meetings
- Sets and approves agenda for all Board meetings
- Assumes duties as deemed appropriate by the office
- Vice President
- Presides over all meetings in the President’s absence
- Special projects as requested by the Board
- Records the minutes of Board meetings
- Maintains a file of all Board meeting minutes
- Special Projects as requested by the Board
- Administers all financial matters of the Club
- Receives and disburses funds as directed by the Board
- At-Large Board Members
- Participate and vote at Board meetings
- Serve on committees to achieve the Club’s goals.
- Other responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Board.
- Other Board members as required
Article 6 Affiliation
The Club shall maintain a membership in Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) as well as other affiliations as approved by the Board.
Article 7 Activities
- Organize road and trail races for local community
- Organize weekly training runs for members
Article 8 Amendments
The By-Laws may be amended by a majority vote of the members at a special meeting called by the elected officials.
Article 9 Rules of Order
Roberts Rules of order shall be the parliamentary authority for the matters of procedure not specifically covered by the by-laws.