The Squannacook River Runners (SqRR) is a small club with less than 500 members, who reside in Groton and surrounding towns. We’re a social club made up of people with diverse backgrounds and running abilities who are bound together by a passion for running.
When we’re not out running the local roads and trails, we’re busy organizing and hosting the annual Groton Road Race – one of several races our club organizes and one of the largest and most popular races in New England. Since the race’s inception in 1992, we have donated tens of thousands of dollars to national and local charities – including scholarships for area high school students and sponsorship of Groton’s summer children’s track & field program.
- Group runs depart every Sunday morning year-round from Groton Town Hall.
- Weekend runs are set up to cater to many running levels and distances; often club members are training for a race of various distances and look for company on longer training runs.
- Weekly indoor track workouts during the winter months.
- Sponsors of the Groton Youth Summer Track & Field Program.
- There is an adult track program offered in the summer time.
- Strong supporters of local XC and T&F high school teams.
- Host and organize the Groton Road Race every April.
- Members of RRCA and USATF-NE.
- Organize and host the Groton Town Forest Trail Races in October, which benefit the Groton Trails Committee.
- Organize and host the Wapack Trail Race in September.
- Sponsors of a water stop at the Bay State Marathon in October.
- Each year we have several club members that participate as runners and volunteers in the Boston Marathon.
If you’re interested in joining us for a run or joining the club as a member, please complete our membership form.